quinta-feira, 5 de julho de 2012

Tribal Interview - Kilma Farias (BR)

(Entrevista concedida ao Tribal Mind. Versão em português abaixo)

One favorite quote?
"Nobody is better than all of us together." I forgot who told this one, but I do not forget the sentence.

If you weren’t a dancer, what do you believe you’ll be doing right now?

If ever taken me the ability to dance, I would play a musical instrument for other dancers to dance.

You think that it is different the way that you face life now and the way you where before the dance came into your life?

Very different, the worldwide view, the self-knowledge, the aesthetics, everything really changed with the dance. And it changed for the better.

How do you define your personal dance style?

Art. I think this is the style, hehehe. My work is best known for Tribal Brazil, but I do not hold me to that particular style, I want to transit through all languages.

One unforgettable moment in your life.

Dance at Spirit of The Tribes, teaching classes, and have people like Anasma doing my class, doing interview with Nanda Najla (a famous Brazilian dancer, most known for do tribal tango style) and Ariellah. Be praised behind the stage for all these divas of Tribal, improvise dances with Danyavaad, holding the hand of John Compton on stage, being recognized by him and the producer of the event, Maja, classes with Unmata, Tjarda, John, Megha and many other names, finally, it was magical, unforgettable.

What are your expectations in the results of your work?

I feel like a mad scientist, experimenting with the fusion of various ingredients, and having fun with all this. Thank God the jobs are flowing more and I can see an opening in Latin America. Last year I was in Lima, Peru as an invitation of Escuela Luna Dance, as well as in Argentina, Buenos Aires, doing workshop in two events. For 2012 I already have invitations to Peru, along with João Cassiano (her husband and also a musician), the Helm tour and Argentina. I’m very happy with this.

What you love to see in people who work with art? 

I like the unusual, the unexpected appeal. What is shocking, different, which turns everything upside down, which intrigues. Those things catch me completely.



How is the conception of your clothes? How they influence you in the choreographic creation?

The costumes are mostly developed by Jaqueline Lima, especially those of Cia. Lunay (Kilma’s dance company). Usually she does research in relation to the thoughts to be worked with. But I've done costume with Shaman Tribal Co. Atelier, with Tara, Leidi Kitai and now I'm developing a design with Nataraj (from Aline Oliveira, of Rio de Janeiro). Usually I talk to the person who will develop my cloth and then all end up getting tied together, the costumes, the music and the dance must speak the same language. The accessories are very personal, so I use things that I buy daily for that outfit, is a mix. I have also tried to create a costume from pieces that already had, and recombining them also resulted in something surprising.

An important person in your life would be… And why?

Ismalia Sales, a bellydancer teacher in my town, she showed me how you can mix with Belly Dance with the Orishas*, when no one in Brazil never dreamed that was Tribal style. This was always on my mind. When I discovered tribal with Shaide Halim (one of first Brazilian dancers that dance the style), another super-important person, not only for myself but to all tribal dancers in Brazil, I began to put the Afro-Brazilian mergers and ended emerging the Tribal Brasil style.

What were the artists who most influenced you in your journey?

There are so many... Ariellah influences me forever... Jill Parker, Sharon Lower of Odissi dance, for a long time I studied her movements and sometimes end up feeling like my hands movements are similar. Lulu Sabongi and Carlla Sillveira influenced my bellydance age. I have great admiration for Dalia Carella, Raqia Hassan, Mahmoud Reda, and also Suheir Zaki, Taheya Carioca, Samia Gamal and all the dancers of the Golden Age; I also admire the work of Ivando Bertazzo, I have applied Laban in our work under the guidance of my teacher William Schulze, and how can I not mention the millions of anonymous and popular dancers that I have studied. Chico Correa, Nomade Riddim, Cabruêra, Tudo Dj. and Sua Gente se Todo Lugar, Alessandra Leo, Barbatuques, Pedra Branca, Nana Vasconcelos, DJ Dolores, Chico Science and Nação Zumbi, who always inspire me with top quality music. I am also inspired by the illustrations of Shiko, old photographs, the work of Sandoval Fagundes, many books and texts. I do not deny that I enjoyed read Augusto dos Anjos at my teenager and staging his texts for theater, maybe it has given me a passion for the dark atmosphere. It's so many people to remember that to put everyone here, the influences come and go according to what I'm searching to inspire my new works.

How do you feel while you’re at a stage, dancing to an audience?

It's fascinating… To be able to speak with the body of concepts that often we could not define in words... Because art isn’t labels, it isn’t. And dance is the expression of the soul, is magical. I confess that I am my first audience, as I first dance for myself and it makes me feel good, alive, giving chance to the most hidden emotions. Of course I think how it will be shown to others and then, in this process, I end up changing movements in the dance, for example.

At least but no less important: why dance?

To know more, to overcome the limits of personality, to be different, to be happy, to make the public think, to charm, to have fun and share our essence, have our truth spread to the four corners. The more I dance, more I learn about life, about myself and the world.



ORISHAS: An Orisha is a spirit or deity that reflects one of the manifestations of Olodumare (God) in the Yoruba spiritual or religious system. These varieties or spiritual lineages as they are called are practiced throughout areas of Nigeria, the Republic of Benin, Togo, Brazil, Cuba, Dominican Republic, Guyana, Haiti, Jamaica, Puerto Rico, Suriname, Trinidad and Tobago, the United States, Uruguay and Venezuela among others.While estimates may vary, some scholars believe that there could be more than 100 million adherents of this spiritual tradition worldwide.



PORTUGUÊS

Frase favorita?
"Ninguém é melhor do que todos nós juntos." Esqueci de quem é, mas não esqueci da frase.


Se você não fosse uma dançarina, o que você acredita que estaria fazendo agora?Se algum dia me for tirada a capacidade de dançar, vou tocar algum instrumento musical para outras bailarinas dançarem.


Você pensa que a maneira com a qual você encara a vida é diferente da que era antes da dança entrar nela?
Bem diferente, a visão de mundo mesmo, o autoconhecimento, a estética, tudo mudou com a dança. E mudou para melhor.

Como você definiria seu estilo pessoal de dançar?
Arte, acho que esse é o estilo. Meu trabalho ficou mais conhecido pelo Tribal Brasil, mas não quero me prender a esse estilo em particular, quero poder transitar por todas as linguagens.

Um momento inesquecível na sua vida?
Dançar no Spirit of The Tribes, ministrar aulas... E ter nomes como Anasma fazendo minha aula... Compartilhar entrevista com Nanda e Ariellah... Receber elogios ainda nas coxias, de todas essas divas do Tribal, improvisar com o Danyavaad, segurar na mão do Jonh Compton em pleno palco, sendo reconhecida por ele, e pela produtora do evento, a Maja... Fazer aulas com Unmata, Tjarda, John, Megha e tantos outros nomes, enfim, foi mágico, inesquecível.

Quais suas expectativas em relação ao seu trabalho?
Sinto-me uma cientista maluca, experimentando a fusão de ingredientes diversos, e me divertindo com tudo isso. Graças a Deus os trabalhos estão fluindo cada vez mais e vejo uma abertura para circular pela América Latina... Ano passado estive em Lima, Peru, a convite da Escuela Luna Dance, assim como na Argentina, em Buenos Aires ministrando workshop em dois eventos, para 2012 já tenho convites para o Perú, onde acompanharei junto com João Cassiano, a turnê do Helm, e Argentina. Estou feliz com essa abertura.

O que você ama ver nas pessoas que trabalham com arte?
O inusitado, o inesperado me atrai. O que choca, o diferente, o que vira tudo pelo avesso, o que intriga. Isso me fisga completamente.

Como é a concepção do seu figurino? Como eles te influenciam na criação coreográfica?
Os figurinos em sua maioria são desenvolvidos pela Jaqueline Lima, principalmente os da Cia Lunay. Geralmente ela realiza pesquisa em relação aos ingredientes da fusão a ser trabalhada. Mas já fiz figurino com o Atelier da Xamã, a Tara, a Leidi Kitai e agora estou desenvolvendo um com a Nataraj Design, da Aline-RJ. Geralmente eu converso com a pessoa que vai desenvolver e daí acaba ficando tudo interligado, pois figurino, música e danças precisam falar a mesma língua. Já os acessórios são bem pessoais, vão de anéis do dia a dia a peças compradas exclusivamente para aquela roupa, é um mix. Também já experimentei em criar um figurino a partir de peças que já tinha, recombinando e costumizando, também resultou em algo supreendente.

Uma pessoa fundamental na sua vida seria...? E por quê?
Ismália Sales, professora de dança do ventre da minha cidade, que me mostrou que era possível fusionar dança dos Orixás com Ventre, quando ninguém no Brasil nem sonhava que existia o estilo Tribal. Daí isso sempre ficou em minha mente. Quando descobri o Tribal, através da Shaide, outra pessoa super-importante não só para mim quanto para todas as praticantes de Tribal no Brasil, comecei a colocar as fusões afrobrasileiras e acabou surgindo o Tribal Brasil.


Quais foram os artistas que mais te influenciaram na sua jornada? 
Nossa, são muitos... A Ariellah me influencia sempre... A Jill Parker, a Sharon Lower da dança Odissi, durante muito tempo namorei os movimentos dela e às vezes acabo achando minhas mãos parecidas... A Lulu Sabongi e a Carlla Sillveira influenciaram minha geração de dança do ventre... Tenho grande admiração pela Dalia Carella, pela Raqia Hassan, Mahmoud Reda, e também Suheir Zaki, Taheya Carioca, Samia Gamal e todas as bailarinas da Golden Era; também admiro o trabalho de Ivando Bertazzo, tenho aplicado Laban no nosso trabalho sob a orientação do meu professor Guilherme Schulze, e como não deixar de citar os milhões de bailarinos anônimos e populares que estudamos, seja na dança dos Orixás ou numa roda de ciranda... Falando em ciranda, lembro Chico Correa, Nomade Riddim, Cabruêra, Dj. Tudo e Sua Gente de Todo Lugar, Alessandra Leão, Barbatuques, Pedra Branca, Naná Vasconcelos, Dj Dolores, Chico Science e Nação Zumbi que sempre me inspiram com música de primeira qualidade... Também me inspiram as ilustrações de Shiko, fotografias antigas, o trabalho multiartístico de Sandoval Fagundes, livros e textos diversos... Não nego que curti a adolescência lendo Augusto dos Anjos e encenando seus textos para teatro, talvez isso tenha me conferido certa paixão pela atmosfera Dark. É tanta gente para lembrar que nem seria possível citar todo mundo, as influências vêm e vão de acordo também com o que estou buscando para inspirar novos trabalhos.

Fale sobre a sensação de dançar para outras pessoas.
É fascinante... Poder falar com o corpo sobre conceitos que muitas vezes não conseguiríamos definir em palavras... Porque arte não se rotula, não cabe. E dança é a expressão da alma, é mágico. Confesso que sou o meu primeiro público, pois danço primeiramente para mim e isso me faz sentir bem, viva, dando vazão às emoções mais ocultas. Claro que penso como isso seria visto e lido por outras pessoas e daí, neste processo, acabo modificando movimentos em um solo, por exemplo.

Por último, mas não menos importante: Por que dançar?
Para se conhecer cada vez mais, para transpor limites da personalidade, para ser várias, para ser feliz, para fazer o público pensar, para encantar, para se divertir e dividir nossa essência, espalhar nossa verdade pelos quatro cantos. Quanto mais eu danço, mais aprendo sobre a vida, sobre mim mesma e sobre o mundo.

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário